The generic use and disclosure of personal information that is collected from the individuals online, through websites.
Last Updated: June 7, 2022
Peloton Computer Enterprises Ltd. and its subsidiaries ("Peloton", “we”, “our” or “us”) is a technology company headquartered in Calgary, Alberta. It focuses on providing the world's best data management solutions for the oil and gas industry. For more information about our products and services, please refer to our website www.peloton.com.
- Visit peloton.com (“Website”)
- Use Peloton’s products and services
- Contact us
- Apply for a job with us.
Personal information is any information that directly or indirectly identifies you, for example your name, contact details, payment information and location data.
Our customers contract the use of Peloton's products and services and give access to their employees and other third parties, as solely decided by the customer, by creating user accounts who access the products and services with their email address and credentials. The customer administrators grant users roles, which result in different permissions and access rights to the information held in the customer environment. If you interact with our products and services using an account managed by your organization (as our customer), then your personal information may be subject to your organization’s privacy policies and processes. You should direct privacy inquiries to your organization.
2.0 Personal Information We Collect
2.1 Information You Choose to Provide to Us
We may ask you to provide personal information when:
- You request a free trial or demo
- You refer a friend to us
- You connect with us directly via phone calls or video conferencing platforms
- You participate in a marketing/sales promotion
- You attend trade events and other industry networking events
- You register or attend a webinar or other event
- You participate in programs we may offer from time to time
- You participate in chats
- You pay for our products and services
- Apply for a job with us.
If you choose to provide us with a third party’s personal information (the person's name, email and company) when taking part in our referral program, you represent that you have the third party's permission to do so.
The personal information we collect may include first and last name, email address, phone number, job title, country, and company name. When you pay for our products and services, we may collect personal information that is part of your payment details. As a job applicant, we may also collect your resume and cover letter, along with any other personal information you submit to us.
2.2 Information We Collect Automatically
We collect information about your visits to the website and products and services when you land on any of our web pages through cookies and similar tracking technology.
For further information about the types of cookies we use, you can access our cookie settings from the bottom of our website www.peloton.com.
The personal information collected is:
- access times
- the pages you view
- the links you click on
- the search terms you enter
- actions you take in connection with any of the visited pages
- your device information such as IP address, location, browser type and language
- the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the website that referred you to our website and
- the URL you browse away from our pages if you click on an external link
We may also collect personal information when you open email messages from us or click on links within those email messages.
3.0 How We Use Personal Information
We use your Personal Information to:
- Deliver training and support to individuals not using an account managed by an organization (as our customer)
- To communicate with you directly through emails, calls, chats, video conferencing
- Process payments for products and services
- Send communications to you about:
- new product features and upgrades
- our services and offerings
- event announcements
- product notices and changes to our terms and policies
- particular programs in which you have chosen to participate
- promotional offers and surveys
- scheduling demos and managing free trials
- Subject to our obligations under data protection laws, advertise and market our products and services, including delivering interest-based advertisements on our products, services and other sites or content syndication platforms and websites.
- Carry out market research to understand how to improve our products and services and their delivery
- Create and manage marketing campaigns
- Generate sales leads and increase our market share
- Analyze user clicks and usage of the products and website to improve user experience and maximize the use of our services
- Enforce our product and service terms and/or separate contracts (if applicable) with you
- Prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities
- Protect the security or integrity of the products and our business;
- Resolve disputes;
- Troubleshoot problems;
- We may de-identify and aggregate personal information with other non-personal data to provide insights that are commercially valuable to Peloton, such as statistics of the use of the services;
- Otherwise, as disclosed to you at the point of collection; or
- as required or permitted by law.
Please note that sometimes we may record the video conferencing call in which you participate to analyze and improve our staff's communication skills. If we do so, we will be announcing it at the beginning of the conference call.
We do not sell your personal information.
4.0 How We Share Personal Information
Third parties may process personal information on our behalf, for instance to process payments, host, manage and service our data, provide us with financial or legal advice and to distribute newsletters. They will have access to your personal information only as necessary to perform the contracted tasks on our behalf. We sign contractual agreements to obligate them to protect the personal information, to only use it to deliver the contracted services to us, to prohibit them from selling it and to not disclose it without our knowledge and permission.
We may need to disclose personal information when required by law, subpoena, or other legal processes identified in the applicable legislation.
Change in Control
We can also share your personal data as part of a sale, merger, change in control, or preparation for any of these events.
5.0 How We Secure Personal Information
We are committed to protecting the security of all of the personal information we collect and use.
We use various physical, administrative and technical safeguards designed to help protect it from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. We have implemented best-practice standards and controls in compliance with internationally recognized security frameworks. We use encryption technologies to protect data at rest and in transit.
6.0 Your Rights
We provide the same suite of services to all of our customers and users worldwide. We offer the following rights to all individuals regardless of their location or applicable privacy regulations.
For personal information we have about you, you can:
- Access your personal information or request a copy.
You have the right to obtain information about what personal information we process about you or obtain a copy of your personal information.
If you have provided personal information to us, you may contact us to obtain an outline of what information we have about you or a copy of the information.
If you are an End User of a product or service, you can log in to see the personal information in the account or approach your employer for more information.
- You have the right to be notified of what personal information we collect about you and how we use it, disclose it and protect it.
- Change or correct your personal information.
You have the right to update/correct your personal information or ask us to do it on your behalf.
You can edit your information through the user account in the product or service or ask us to change or correct it by filling out this request form.
- Delete or erase your personal information.
You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information at any time. We will communicate back to you within reasonable timelines the result of your request. We may not delete or erase your personal information, but we will inform you of these reasons and any further actions available to you.
- Object to the processing of your personal information.
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes. This means that we will stop using your personal information for these purposes.
- Ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information.
You may have the right to ask us to limit the way that we use your personal information.
- Export your personal data.
You have the right to request that we export to you in a machine-readable format all of the personal information we have about you.
We do not process personal information through the use of automated means.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights described above, please fill out this request form.
To the extent available in your jurisdiction, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the local organizations in charge of enforcing the privacy legislation applicable in your territory.
7.0 How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We retain information as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise obtained, subject to any legal obligations to retain such information further.
8.0 Other Important Information
We rely on legally provided mechanisms to lawfully transfer data across borders, such as contracts incorporating data protection and sharing obligations.
We will only collect and process your personal information where we have a lawful reason for its collection.
If you are a user of our products and services, your employer has control of the account and may upload and share additional personal information. Your employer's responsibility is to ensure the collection, use, and sharing of the personal information uploaded to the product and service complies with all applicable legislation.
Where we rely on your consent to process personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time. If you have any questions about the lawful bases upon which we collect and use your personal data, please fill out this request form, or contact us at:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone Worldwide: +1.403.263.2915
How to select your communications preferences
You may choose to receive or not receive marketing communications from us. Please click the "Unsubscribe" link in the email we sent you to stop receiving marketing communications.
You may choose which personal information we collect automatically from your device by controlling cookie settings on your browser or selecting your preferences through our cookie settings.
Even if you opt-out of receiving marketing communications, we may still communicate with you regarding security and privacy issues, servicing your account, fulfilling your requests, or administering any promotion or any program in which you have elected to participate.
9.0 Contact Information
You may contact us to exercise any of your rights or ask for more information about your personal information and our privacy practices by filling out this request form or contacting us at:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Worldwide: +1.403.263.2915
A.1 For Individuals Based in the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
We only process personal information if we have a lawful basis for doing so. The lawful bases applicable to our processing as controller are:
- Contractual basis - We process the personal information based on this legal basis as necessary to fulfill our contractual terms with you, for example when you are our contact person of your employer or business in relation to the purchase of our products and services or if you supply us with goods or services. We also process your personal information on this legal ground if you apply for a job with us.
- Legal obligation - If we are required by law to process personal information, this is based on the legal ground ‘comply with a legal obligation’.
- In rare circumstances, we process personal information to protect your or someone else’s vital interests.
When transferring personal data to outside of the EEA, Switzerland or the United Kingdom, we use an appropriate transfer mechanism such as the standard contractual clauses.
You may contact us if you have any questions or complaints about the processing of your personal data:
You may also lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority, EU Data Protection Authorities (DPAs) or Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC). See their contact details here National Data Protection Authorities.
Minors Under Age 16
Our products and services are intended for business use, and we do not expect them to be of any interest to minors. We do not intentionally collect any personal information of persons below the age of 16.